Saturday, September 24, 2011

Dream Train Runaway

May 27 2010, Evan before India

.




Dream train

and the dark atlantic sea

shell.



It smells like dry fish.

And dead fish.

And drift wood.


Wood drift in bird shape.


With drift writing on sand wall

palm stutterings before paintings

before pictographings,

avant la lettre

sand scratch.


I tried to write you from the dream train.


I stood on the platform

hurried machine as it sped


swimming my signals

I tried to reach you

the ripples

of my water legs

kicking petals and beams

of outer space indigo light


I sail through the black night

and bed down

where soft down

softly lays

my head and spirit aches.



Dream train

You are a runaway.

Catch me, please,

if you can, in my own arms,

if they can,

catch me please.






.

No comments: